Kevin Rose released WeFollow recently, a self organized white page for Twitterers rank ordered by their popularity.
I wonder if this process is the beginning of the same trends we saw with the web.
1. An enabling platform drives huge amounts of traffic and content (Internet)
2. Dedicated software applications are built to view the content (TweetDeck, etc)
3. Users start to organize content manually(ODP/Yahoo)
4. Programmers develop automated ways of searching through and prioritizing content (Google)
5. Programmers develop ways of magically pulling out the great stuff from all the content (Semantic Web). We’re not there yet though – but it might happen on Twitter first.